- For a full journal, and to be cracking open brand new blank journal. There’s nothing like putting pen to page.
- For a brand new camera. Last time I bought a camera it was 2007 and digital point-and-shoots cost 4x what they do now. I chose this one. So far, so good.
- For sun on my shoulders. Yes, shoulders. It is so pleasant outside, I should be wearing a tank top.
- For composure. What would I do without you?
- For a cute way to calm my angel: Can I kiss your toes? Can I kiss your fingers? Can I kiss your nose? No matter her anguish, these questions and kisses just melt her frustration and turn sobs into nervous giggles.
- For pumpkin ice cream- a Madden family favorite, it’s unanimous. I think I’ve already had my quota for the week.
- Conversely, for pickled veggies. Asparagus is my new go-to. Something about eating them makes me feel so sophisticated, like my lunch has instantly been upgraded.
- For lots to consider. I visited the Occupy Philadelphia site yesterday and it ignited a complexity of emotion and thoughts. Yes, lots to consider there.
- For kind readers and compliments. I know this space is a bit of a hodge-podge of our family life, my personal musings/pep talks, attempts at crafting and home organization, successes in the kitchen, tributes to my loved ones, and a bunch of other randomness. Thanks for following along. It makes me feel less like I’m putting words and pictures into a black hole, and less like this is all just a selfish act of expression.
I am grateful for too many things to count today. What are you grateful for?